The New Weibull Handbook, Fifth Edition, has been written to update this text with the latest technology developed by the author, Wes Fulton, Paul Barringer and others for life data and warranty analysis. The figures are updated with higher resolution and better fonts. Some of the new topics included follow:
Rewritten Sections Include:
- Improved Crow-AMSAA analysis based on accuracy comparisons between regression and MLE and also, critical correlation coefficients for measuring the goodness of fit of the plotted data. The analysis may be done on failure events, warranty claims, or cost using the latest IEC standards.
- Reduced Bias Estimation for small sample sizes for “Now Risk” producing better tests for batch problems.
- Small samples reduced bias adjustments (RBA) for maximum likelihood estimates for the Weibull, normal and lognormal distributions providing significant improvements in accuracy. Maximum likelihood estimates can now be made for small samples as accurately as median rank regression.
- Dr. Wayne Nelson’s new methodology: graphical repair analysis.
- There are many methods and types of analysis described in The New Weibull Handbook. How can the novice analyst decide which is the most appropriate procedure for his problem? Best practices are indicated throughout the text.
- The logic diagram developed by Bob Rock of PACCAR, has been improved to provide step-by-step guidance to select the best practice methods for all types of data sets.
- New case studies have been added.
There are no reviews yet.